Azure is ultimate luxury high rise living, located just north of downtown Dallas, Texas. The huge podium pool is the central view on the podium deck. In addition, there are two private penthouse pools on the 31st floor.
These pools posed some very unique construction challenges. The podium pool has a slotted gutter that is even with the deck. The design has no removable parts to the gutter, so the construction required that the interior of the gutter be finished with no access openings. The Penthouse pools had weight restrictions that required construction without steel reinforcement. The pools are built with fiber mesh reinforcement that had to be hand packed because the fiber reinforced concrete could not be pneumatically applied.
Sunbelt Scope of Work:
- Pool Structures and finishes
- Pool piping and mechanical
- Nemato High Rate sand filters on podium level
- BECSsys 5 Chemical controllers
- Pulsar 4 Chlorination system
- Pentair Intelliflow pumps and Intellitouch controls on the penthouse pools
Owner: Harwood Development
General Contractor: Balfour Beatty
Architect: Perkins + Will
Aquatic Engineer: C.T. Brannon Corp. Terry Brannon, PE